Our staff has a wide range of expertise in high-rise and garden type residential building work, as well as commercial type structures.
The consulting services offered by JMA include :
|a. Critical inspection of the existing conditions.
b. Preparation of reports describing the existing conditions to be delivered in verbal and/or written form to the Board of Directors. These reports include cost estimates along with the various alternates available.
c. Preparation of Specifications, Drawings and other pertinent contract documents, for presentation to the Contractors invited to submit bid proposals for the proposed project.
d. Analyze the bid proposals, submitted by the contractors invited to bid by the Board of Directors, and prepare a spread sheet for presentation to the Board of Directors. Bids must be collected by the Board or their Management Company.
e. Preparation and/or review of Construction Contracts.
f. Meet with the suffessful bidder to review insurance, job scheduling, payment breakdowns along with methods and materials of construction.
g. Observation of the on-going work with preparation of weekly reports, describing the progress and quality of the work, to be presented to the Board of Directors.
h. Review and approval of the Contractors periodic requisitions for payment.
i. Sign off on the completed work, as well as the collection of all required guarantee forms.
j. Perform Controlled Inspections.
k. Perform Violation Removal Certifications.
JMA has provided engineering and inspection services on the following types of building construction remedial work:
1. Repair or complete replacement of the roofing systems, including quarry tile, slate, and concrete paver deck areas.
2. Restoration of masonry facades, incuding NYC Local Law #10/80 and #11/98 Inspections, preparation of reports and forms and the filing of forms with the NYC Department of Buildings.
3 Replacement of the existing doors, double-hung, sliding, casement, projected and lot-line windows, with new thermally efficient replacement windows and doors.
4. Restoration of exposed concrete surfaces on facades and balconies.
5. Restoration of concrete parking decks, sidewalks, and vaults.
6. Restoration of damaged structural elements of high-rise structures.
7. Repair and/or replacement of exhaust fans and duct work.
8. Smoke detection and emergency lighting.
9. Conversion of incinerators to garbage compactors. Replacement of existing garbage compactors.
10. Review of apartment/suite renovation plans as submitted to the Owner by the shareholders/tenants.
11. Project coordination services.
12. Preparation of Physcial Condition Survey Reports of the Exterior building elements.
13. Preparation of C.I.R.A. reports.
14. Preparation of Two, Five, & Ten year maintenance plans.
15. Provide Violation Removal Certifications.
16. Landmark Commission Filings, Applications and Consultations.
17. Child Guard Inspections.
18. Window A/C installation inspections.
19. Water penetration surveys and investigations.
20. Twenty four hour emergency services seven days a week.
21. Project estimating services.
22. Building facade and stone cleaning.
23. Co-op and condominium conversion reports for sponsors and tenant groups.
24 Consulting on technical matters concerning J-51 and MCI Tax Abatement Issues.
25. Pre-purchase Inspection Reports for Prospective Purchasers.