JMA Consultants provides a wide variety of services including, but not limited to:
FISP (Façade Inspection & Safety Program) Filings
As one of the leader’s in the FISP Universe, JMA prides itself in providing timely and knowledgeable services, regardless of the condition of the Building, in order to ensure the growing number of requirements are met and that the ever growing DOB fees are minimized. We inspect façades via Boom Trucks (as pictured), Scaffold Drops, Fire Escapes, or whatever means is most appropriate as each Building has specific needs and restrictions.
Façade, Roof, and Misc. Exterior Restorations/Inspections
Whether your 20 year old roof is leaking, your cornice is cracked, or delicate ornamental stones are in dire need of replacement, JMA provides not only a comprehensive plan for these repairs, but most importantly provides you options.
Our services include:
- Façade Restoration
- Roof Restoration
- Terrace/Balcony Restoration
- Sidewalk/Vault Replacement
- Window Replacement
- Exterior Building Envelope Surveys
- Progress/Special Inspections
- Water Penetration Problem Solving
- Building Related Maintenance Issues
Please also see our comprehensive list below.
Apartment Renovation Review Services
One of our rapidly growing areas, our Apartment Renovation Review Services are intended to ensure that the Building is properly protected and informed of all aspects of a renovation; especially regarding specialty items such as wet over dry areas, apartment combinations (both horizontal and vertical), structural alterations, among other issues. Our reports are fine-tuned to incorporate practical safety, DOB requirements, and custom Building requirements. We also offer expedited services and an optional, building-specific, Apartment Renovation Rules & Guidelines to assist the Building’s Apartment Owners in streamlining their renovations. We also offer milestone site visit inspections to ensure the most important areas (such as water-proofing, plumbing, sound-proofing, etc.) were done correctly and to prevent unnecessary costs and time to re-open improperly closed areas.
As rules continue to expand and update for Building Code, Energy Code, and FISP Requirements, we have seen an increase of confusion and frustration among Boards and Managing Agents. We have recently been providing seminar services for Apartment Renovation General Guidelines and FISP Guidelines and Updates to better educate what these new rules entail and what to look out for.
The consulting services offered by JMA include:
- Critical inspection of the existing conditions.
- Preparation of reports describing the existing conditions to be delivered in verbal and/or written form to the Board of Directors. These reports include cost estimates along with the various alternates available.
- Preparation of Specifications, Drawings and other pertinent contract documents, for presentation to the Contractors invited to submit bid proposals for the proposed project.
- Analyze the bid proposals, submitted by the contractors invited to bid by the Board of Directors, and prepare a spread sheet for presentation to the Board of Directors. Bids must be collected by the Board or their Management Company.
- Preparation and/or review of Construction Contracts.
- Meet with the successful bidder to review insurance, job scheduling, payment breakdowns along with methods and materials of construction.
- Observation of the on-going work with preparation of weekly reports, describing the progress and quality of the work, to be presented to the Board of Directors.
- Review and approval of the Contractors periodic requisitions for payment.
- Sign off on the completed work, as well as the collection of all required guarantee forms.
- Perform Progress and Special Inspections.
- Perform Violation Removal Certifications.
JMA has provided engineering and inspection services on the following types of building construction remedial work:
- Repair or complete replacement of the roofing systems, including quarry tile, slate, and concrete paver deck areas.
- Restoration of masonry facades, including NYC FISP Inspections, preparation of reports and forms and the filing of forms with the NYC Department of Buildings.
- Replacement of the existing doors, double-hung, sliding, casement, projected and lot-line windows, with new thermally efficient replacement windows and doors.
- Restoration of exposed concrete surfaces on facades and balconies.
- Restoration of concrete parking decks, sidewalks, and vaults.
- Restoration of damaged structural elements of high-rise structures.
- Repair and/or replacement of exhaust fans and duct work.
- Smoke detection and emergency lighting.
- Review of apartment/suite renovation plans as submitted to the Owner by the shareholders/tenants.
- Project coordination services.
- Preparation of Physical Condition Survey Reports of the exterior building elements.
- Preparation of C.I.R.A. reports.
- Preparation of Two, Five, & Ten year maintenance plans.
- Provide Violation Removal Certifications.
- Landmark Preservation Commission Filings, Applications, and Consultations.
- Child Guard Inspections.
- Window A/C installation inspections.
- Water penetration surveys and investigations.
- 24/7 emergency services.
- Project estimating services.
- Building facade and stone cleaning.
- Review of co-op and condominium conversion reports for sponsors and tenant groups.
- Consulting on technical matters concerning J-51 and MCI Tax Abatement Issues.
- Pre-Purchase Inspection Reports for Prospective Purchasers.